Caring for someone who could not manage without you?
If you look after your partner, family member or friend, who could not manage without you due to physical or mental illness, disability, frailty, life-limiting illness or substance misuse problems, then you are an unpaid carer and we want to help you.
Once we are aware of your caring role and responsibilities, our dedicated Carer Lead at the practice is here to help, and will let you know about the support that is available.
If we know that you are caring for someone then we can:
- Arrange flexible appointment times where possible
- Offer you a free annual flu vaccination and health check
- Offer you a referral to your local Carers Support Service, which provides free information, support and advice
- Offer you a referral for a Carers Assessment, which identifies what support you may need in your caring role and what is available to you
Register with us today by completing our Carer Identification Form.
You can return your completed Carer Identification Form to Reception.
Download our Carer Information Pack, or ask Reception for a printed copy today.
For more information about the support that is available to unpaid carers and families, please click on the useful links below:
NHS Carers Direct
- Free Helpline: 0300 123 1053
- NHS Carers Direct provides confidential information and advice for carers. The helpline advisers can give you information to help you make decisions about your personal support needs, and the needs of the person you're looking after.
- Lines are open 9am to 8pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays), and 11am to 4pm at weekends. You can request a free call back, or an interpreted call back in one of more than 170 languages.